Your complete guide to create a website
Creating a website today is not as a difficult process as some think.
The technological revolution and the explosion of digital knowledge have made it easier for all those interested in creating or designing websites to conduct their business without any prior knowledge of the worlds of web development or web design and software.
It is enough for people to use appropriate and widely available tools, software, and resources and use one of our trusted digital manuals.
Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you create a website from scratch, without having to spend money on workers, agencies, or website builders.
All it takes is 1-2 hours of your free time to understand the complete guide and begin building a website.
What is the website?
The website for the visitor:
it is just an address on the Internet, which the visitor visits to obtain a service, information, or product, or he may visit it for entertainment purposes.
The website for the website owner or those in charge of it:
It is the window through which the target customers are accessed for the most important purposes of which are:
- Marketing for a product or service.
- Marketing to the content on the website.
- Financial profit.
The website for website developers and designers:
It is a group of files written in specialized programming languages, which work together for two purposes:
- Create the shape of the site (design).
- Site-specific functions (development).
There is no digital marketing without a website, as it is the first and basic component of the marketing process on the Internet.
As for the internal structure, the nature of the files used, and the method of creation, it consists of two basic elements:
- The design.
- Development or programming.
What do we mean by website design?
- The website design includes everything related to the visual image that appears to the visitor, including The size of the web pages within the site.
- The look of the home page and sub-pages, such as the article display page and the section display page.
- Font size and type in the texts used on the site.
- The colors of the site on all its pages.
- Where do the site name, logo, and social media icons appear?
- The shape and size of the website header and footer.
Why is website design important?
Site visitors’ satisfaction:
Most people by nature judge things by their outward appearance and the first look at them. Therefore, we recommend that you create an attractive and unique design for your website, that the user likes and feels comfortable in dealing with, and recommends it.
The professional design of the website helps search engines see it:
A website that is easy to design and which has good design factors is more visible to search engines.
In addition, Google monitors good visitor reviews for your site and sees them as a good indicator of improving its appearance in the first search results.
Facilitate programming and development:
If your site is well designed, organized, and has all the tools you need, programming it will be easier.
Every feature, tool, or feature on your site must start from the design.
What are the steps for designing a website?
They are three steps, in the following order:
Here, complete visualization of the website design must be created on paper, so that the content is neatly illustrated in its chosen places, taking into account ease of use.
Here the visualization is transferred from the paper to the computer using an image design program (for example, Photoshop).
The colors of the site, size, and types of fonts must be specified to be executed by the developer.
At this stage, The Photoshop image is converted into files containing codes written in specialized programming languages for design work.
What are the success factors for your website design?
Relevance to the target audience:
The target audience is the most important factor to take into account when thinking about your website design.
Therefore, choose a design that suits them and matches their nature and preferences.
Uniqueness and distinction:
The design of your site must be unique and distinct for visitors to be able to distinguish it from the rest of the sites and impress in their memories.
It is okay to take some well-known sites in your field as an inspiration to you, but avoid using the same designs in the same colors, as this will leave a bad impression on visitors.
Highlight the important elements:
For example, the icons of social media sites must be in a clear place in front of the user’s eyes.
Compatible with all devices:
After the increase in the size of Internet users with the spread of smartphones, tablets, and others, it has become a compulsion (and not an option) for all website owners to create their website designs to suit all mobile devices and smart tablets.
Easy user experience:
Check the user’s knowledge of the location or section in which they are located, and make moving from page to page on your website easy, simple, and clear.
For example, the top bar of your site must contain important sections of the site and pages.
It is also preferred that you create internal paths that show the user where he is.
Simplicity (the secret of beauty):
Make sure your website is user-friendly and simple.
Make all the elements mentioned work together to achieve this goal.
It includes the following:
You should carefully choose the type and size of fonts on your site.
It is preferred that you choose the regular fonts that are used by most of the well-known sites, and with which the user feels familiar.
You can also use the font sizing feature to highlight the importance of texts that you think are basic and important, such as headings.
Font colors should be compatible with the colors you use on your site.
They should be in harmony with each other, and limited (it is not recommended to use many colors).
You can also control the color tones to highlight important elements of your site.
In the world of e-marketing, they say: “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
Pictures are an element worth your investment carefully, as they are very useful in highlighting the design of your website and giving it a special beauty.
Don’t overload your website with content, and use spaces to highlight the important things.
Blank white spaces can work for your site, giving your visitor a sense of comfort and directing them to the important parts of the page.
Website development or programming
It is everything related to the performance of the functions or features on the website, including responding to the orders of the site’s visitors or owners.
The programming is responsible for the invisible part of the website, and it is identified through the use of the site and testing its features.
And when the design options were somewhat limited in shape, colors, and spaces, The software options had no limits, as they could reach a very advanced and complex degree, Such as programming search engines and social media sites.
Examples of programming used in most websites:
- Site search feature: allows the visitor to type a keyword and search for topics that used this word on the site.
- Contact us feature: allows the user to send a message to manage the site through the Contact Us page.
- The ability to participate on social networking sites: through the icons of social networking sites (a programmatic possibility associated with programming the social networking sites themselves).
- Organizing the display of articles on the site: in terms of their belonging to a specific section, or their appearance in custom lists such as the list of the most recent articles on the site, for example.
- Displaying Google AdSense ads on the website.
Design and programming work hand-in-hand, and they’re linked together in everything.
We said, for example, that the search feature on the site is a software feature, but the design is responsible for the size, color, and location of the search box.
We also said that programming is responsible for organizing the display of articles on the site and their belonging to certain lists, but the design is responsible for the size of the width of the articles, the colors of the backgrounds, and the size of the fonts.
What are the options for creating a website?
There are four options for you to have a website, and the most suitable choice for you depends on two things:
- The nature of the site you intend to create.
- The size of the budget that you intend to spend.
Here are the four options, in order:
Use one of the free services to create a free blog:
It is the most suitable option for those who do not have a financial budget or those who want to create a personal blog to share their opinions and ideas with others.
All you need is the following:
- Choose a free blog creation site.
- Create an account on this site.
- Choose the name of the blog.
- Start creating the blog and providing it with content.
- Learn how to deal with the site control panel.
The most important sites that provide free blog creation services are WordPress and Blogger.
Using a Website Builder Platform:
It is suitable for people who do not possess any technical knowledge whatsoever.
They are easy to use and contain loads of templates suitable for all disciplines.
It is the best choice for owners of small projects and local online stores, in record time and at low cost, you can build a website for your own restaurant, for example.
The top site builder is Wix, which has a free plan.
Mostly, website building services include the following:
- Free hosting for your website.
- Free domain for the most part.
- Customer support service.
Using one of the Content Management System platforms
This option is suitable for most types of websites.
It can be used to create a professional blog, an online store, or a lot of different websites.
These services are most often open-source, so developers can add and modify many of their features.
One of the most famous of these systems (WordPress) is the system most used in the web world.
It is free of charge, and you can set it up for your hosting easily.
Although the CMS platform comes with a very limited number of templates, there are plenty of professional WordPress themes that you can buy from specialty stores.
The help of a website from Scratch specialists
It is the most suitable option for large sites that need a special software system, or for large companies that have specialized employees in designing and programming websites.
It is an expensive option compared to others, and the size of the cost here depends on the size and nature of the requirements on the website.
This option has some risk because many website builders are not competent, so you have to choose the company or person who specializes in building your website very carefully.
The most important tips for creating a successful website:
- Think deeply about the idea of creating a website that matches your capabilities, and let it stem from your true interests, and not fall into the trap of imitating others.
- Or, be certain that you have a staff and budget that allows you to implement your idea.
- Be flexible in modifying or changing some aspects of your site idea to suit the target audience.
- Ask yourself: How will I win?
- If your answer is Google AdSense, for example, you should consider those when choosing your website design.
- Ask yourself: What audience will I be targeting?
- Then create a site that goes with the nature of this audience.
- In case you decide that your site is just a source of income, do not rely on your personal inclinations and goals completely, but rather tame your idea so that it is a result of your passion and profitable at the same time.
- Free yourself from being the owner of the idea and imagine yourself a visitor to the site, and ask yourself: What is the special thing about my site to attract visitors?
- Use some keyword tools, such as Google Keyword Planner, which tells you how many people are searching for the keywords that your site will cover.
- Check magazines, newspapers, and TV channels, and try to get a glimpse of the interests of your potential audience.
- Almost; you will not have an idea of creating a website, or else you’ll find one that actually addresses it (or at least looks similar to it). Here, you can predict the size of your site’s success through competitors ’sites.
- Create a complete visualization of what your site will be like in terms of sections, tools, features, capabilities, and content. (This point is very important in the case of hiring specialists in creating websites to create your site).
What are the steps for creating a website?
The steps and details of creating a website depend on how you choose to create your site.
In the previous paragraph, we discussed the four options for having a website.
Here, we will present an example of the steps for creating a website using WordPress specifically for the following reasons:
- WordPress is a great choice for most types and sizes of websites, and this explains its wide user base, which includes nearly a third of the sites on the Internet.
- Due to the wide user base of WordPress, you will find a solution to any problem you face of whatever type.
- There are a lot of sites that talk about WordPress, the most famous of them is WPBeginner.
- WordPress is an open-source program, and it contains a lot of WordPress plugins that you can use to add many features and features to your site according to your needs.
- Creating a site through WordPress is not the easiest option, but you can learn how to deal with it quickly, in addition to the availability of a copy of WordPress in the Arabic language.
Steps to create a website with WordPress:
- Reservation of hosting sites that support WordPress.
- Choose a suitable domain name for your site.
- Configure WordPress for your hosting: You can do so with one click of the hosting control panel. Mostly, WordPress will be set to host you automatically without any action on your part.
- Choose a suitable WordPress theme and set it on your site.
- Configure the main WordPress plugins for your website to be ready to go. And you just have to start creating content.
What are the most important pages on all professional websites?
It is the most important of every website because it will be at the front of the site and expressing its content. Therefore, it must be distinctively and attractively designed, and its content must be carefully chosen to serve the visitors and introduce them to the site.
It should also contain links to other important pages on the site.
Contact us page:
It is a very important page, and it represents the only way for visitors to contact the site administration.
Therefore, it must contain the contact information for the site administration or a form through which it can send a direct message to the site administration (and it is better to contain both).
About the site page:
It is also a very important page, through which visitors can learn about the goals of the site, the story of its creation, and what it seeks to accomplish.
It is also possible to get to know the site team.
Briefly, It is a way to introduce visitors to your website.
Terms and Conditions Page:
It represents the terms and conditions for the use of the site which the user must abide by.
In it, you can also address the most important rules that a user must follow when using your site.
It is a document that explains to the user the policy that your site follows in dealing with the data provided by the user, such as name or email when subscribing to the mailing list.
Error Page 404:
This page has a special nature other than the other pages
but it is very important for visitors and search engines as well.
This page appears whenever a user visits a link that is not on the site.
- When you change the link of one of your website pages, and the user visits the old link, this page will appear.
- Your site should have a useful error page for the user, containing a message that this page is not on the site right now.
- The visitor must also be helped to reach what he wants by referring to the search box, for example, or by placing a link to the home page.
What are the most important elements of every professional website?
It is the rectangle at the top of the website.
And it must be designed and chosen with distinct colors to distinguish your site from the rest of the sites.
Although it is an independent component of the other elements of the site, it often contains some of them, such as:
- Search Rectangle.
- Site listings.
- The logo or the logo of the site.
Logo “site slogan”:
It is a small image or icon that contains a special and distinctive symbol, expressing the specialty of your site.
Logo work must begin with the very first steps of creating a website to be compatible with the design.
It is a small rectangle through which you can test the search feature within the site by typing any search word and clicking on the search mark.
They are links to the important pages of the site.
You can create a list that includes links to your social media pages.
Or create a list containing the site’s administrative pages.
It is also very important to create a list containing the sections of your site because of its importance in improving the visitor’s experience, facilitating the use of the site, and facilitating the work of search engines.
The bottom part of the site (the end of the site below), and also has its own design.
It may contain website logos or special listings.
Also contains the sentence regarding property rights “All rights reserved to the site …”
As we said at the beginning, creating a website is not a difficult process anymore.
Once you reach the end of this guide, you will have the keys to the knowledge that will prepare you to start your website.
Pick an innovative idea and start building your own website, and remember that your journey to success as a website owner will really start after you take this step.