Digital marketing and entrepreneurship in the United Arab Emirates
Entrepreneurship has become a global culture that has a strong impact on all economic indicators of the world, and traditional business boundaries no longer limit the emergence and development of innovative ideas. Technology today paves the way for entrepreneurs and company owners to reach global levels.
As usual, the UAE government seeks to support entrepreneurs, spread the culture of entrepreneurship, and develop the labor market… It also seeks to create strong and competitive work environments that are able to face all the challenges that may hinder their way to achieve their goals.
The importance of digital marketing in entrepreneurship :
Marketing in our days has become an integral part of everyone’s conversation, especially those who aspire to develop their business and embody their ideas on the ground.
Nevertheless, their frequent question remains; What is the best marketing channel for a startup or even a business that is still on paper?
Looking at our time today, we find that digital marketing has swept the markets, and began to achieve the highest level of sales and profits. As it has many advantages, including:
- It became the best and fastest way to attract potential customers.
- Provide a new market that transcends the restrictions of time and place.
- Ensure constant and direct communication with customers, which has created trust, familiarity, and a sense of belonging to a specific brand.
- It is one of the cheapest means of advertising and marketing compared to traditional methods especially regarding the creation of marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing through smartphone applications :
Digital marketing tools vary in the diversity of technology and its means, starting from computers, websites, e-mail marketing, search engines, social media, and ending with smartphone applications that are currently becoming more popular for several reasons, like
- They are considered the main factor in attracting clients because they are easy to reach and download.
- Online store applications are an encouraging way to be used in shopping and marketing.
- It is an effective means of communication between the business owner and his customers 24 hours a day without holidays.
Designing a special application for any company became a necessity, where many companies don’t rely only on their websites or social media platforms.
Even electronic newspapers, news sites, and global communication companies now depend on their applications to increase their profits and enhance their presence in local and global markets.
Smart applications are the way for startups to become global :
Today we encounter many startups that have made their way to the world through digital marketing of themselves through their smart applications, such as:
Tik Tok: The leading short video platform in Asia, whose mobile application has seen the fastest growth in the world, becoming the largest social platform for music and video in the world.
Careem: The company specialized in providing delivery services through its website and smartphone applications, which was established in 2012 in Dubai, and operates offices in 18 cities across the Middle East, and then in 2019, the company officially announced the establishment of Uber, by acquiring it for $ 3.1 billion.
Tamatem: The leading platform in the Middle East region with the publishing of Arabic-speaking games, which has generated millions of downloads on mobile phones, and is based in the Jordanian capital, Amman, but its followers are spread throughout the Arab world.
This company was established in 2013 and received support from 500 institutions helping startups for its unique vision in creating a space for games in the Arab world, as well as local application developers helped it, and in 2018 it raised $ 2.5 million in investment for Wamda.
How can entrepreneurs prepare for the unexpected future?
Small and medium companies have become 95% of the UAE companies, and it has become necessary for emerging entrepreneurs wishing to engage in the entrepreneurship market to study the challenges and future of entrepreneurship in the UAE and the region, and how to prepare entrepreneurs to enter the labor market and start jobs that do not yet exist.
This can be summed up in certain characteristics that entrepreneurs must adopt, including:
- Flexibility: To be a successful entrepreneur you have to be permanently flexible, able to transcend the unexpected twists and turns of your business, find a way to innovate and come up with unexpected solutions to unexpected problems.
- Long-term thinking: Many emerging entrepreneurs dream of achieving success overnight, but it may take five to seven years to begin achieving.
- Therefore, if you want to be a successful entrepreneur and go global, you have to look away and think about the long term, and invest in the future.
- Learning and adaptation: To be a strong and successful entrepreneur, you must be humble when it comes to learning, and flexible in adapting to ever-changing circumstances to keep up with the latest technologies, industry news, and business trends.
Adaptability and flexibility go hand in hand with learning, and you cannot own one without the other.